Larceny Note #8: Larceny Release Procedures
Lars T Hansen / October 30, 1997
Testing the library and the compiler
- Create a distribution archive: make dist.
- Move the archive to a test directory.
- Install the distribution sources while following the install
guidelines -- this
debugs the guidelines.
- Build both larceny and bdwlarceny without optimization and with
(i.e., comment out -DNDEBUG -O3 in Rts/Makefile).
- Build the heap image using the bootstrap system.
- Compile the library test suite.
- Run the library test suite both compiled and interpreted.
- Do make libclean, start the development environment in
larceny, and rebuild the heap. Exit.
- Restart the development environment in larceny, and compile the
library test suite.
- Exit, restart larceny, and run the self-compiled library test suite
both interpreted and compiled.
- Exit, restart the development environment in larceny, and compile
the development environment.
- Exit, make libclean, restart the development environment in larceny
(this time compiled),
and rebuild the heap.
- Exit, restart. From within larceny, do a make faslclean and
then rebuild the development environment.
Testing the run-time system
Compile the GC test sources, then run all according to the instructions in
Testsuite/GC/README. All runs should be done under the control of a debugger.
$Id: note8-release.html 87 1998-11-25 14:38:41Z lth $